City leaders and staff rely on a strategic plan developed in 2005 to guide priorities and decisions. The strategic plan is based on recommendations by a 20-member task force that reviewed input collected through a survey, focus groups and town meetings. The plan was intended to serve as a guide for 15 years.
Savage, with its rich past, natural amenities and diverse population, will provide the most effective and efficient form of government possible.
Savage will ...
- Preserve and enhance our natural amenities and maximize recreational opportunities for our community.
- Foster a pride of place that capitalizes on the unique qualities and history of our community.
- Maintain and promote a high level of public safety to meet the demands of a changing community.
- Facilitate the development of efficient and effective transportation systems that provide for both local and regional needs.
- Facilitate thoughtfully planned, balanced and diverse development
- Provide high quality, innovative services to meet changing needs.
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Customer Service