Take it to the Box, Drug Disposal
The "Take It To The Box" program promotes the safe use, safe storage, and safe disposal of unneeded medication, prescription medication, illegal drugs, and drug paraphernalia.
A Drug Disposal Box is available 24-hours a day, 7 days a week at:
Front Vestibule of the Police Department
6000 McColl Drive, Savage, MN
All deposits are made anonymously. No needles/sharps at any location!
Items accepted include:
- unused/expired prescription medicine
- over-the-counter medications
- animal/pet medications
- liquid medications (must be in leak-proof containers)
- illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia (such as pipes and other objects)
Before disposing of medication into the box please do the following:
- Take Medications to a drop box.
- Leave Medication in the original container.
- Remove your name and personal information.
- Keep the name of medication on the container and closed.
Illegal drugs and/or drug paraphernalia can be put in a paper bag or other container for privacy before dropping them into the disposal box.
If you have a large amount of items to dispose of, please use multiple bags so the box does not jam.
The “Take It To The Box” program is funded by local law enforcement agencies; the Scott County Meth Task Force; and the Scott County’s Sheriff’s Office.
For more information about the “Take It To The Box” Drug Drop-Off Program, residents may call 952-239-6885.
These “Take It To The Box” medication disposal boxes are available seven days a week, 24 hours a day :
- Shakopee - Scott County Sheriff’s Office - Main Lobby at 301 Fuller Street - corner of 4th and Fuller.
- Prior Lake - 4649 Dakota Street SE - Front vestibule of the Police Dept.
- New Prague - 118 Central Avenue North - Vestibule of City Hall/Police Dept. South Side
- Elko New Market - Closest location see (New Prague)
Two locations are available Monday - Friday:
- Jordan - 210 East First Street - Front Main Lobby at City Hall from 8:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Belle Plaine - 420 East Main Street - Main Entrance of the Police Dept. from 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.